VISITING US DURING THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
The safety of our staff, our clients and their animals is our priority. We have changed the running of our practice to minimise the risk to everyone from spreading the corona virus. The Australian Government has announced that the veterinary profession is an essential business, and the Tasmanian Government has announced that as an owner you are allowed to travel to seek veterinary services.
We have split our practice into 2 teams who will be working different days of the week. This will enable the practice to remain open in case a member of one team tests positive for Covid-19 (in which case that whole team will need to self isolate for 2 weeks). The cat clinic has been closed and we are seeing all animals in the dog clinic.
We are only seeing emergency, urgent and critical cases. That means we are currently not doing procedures deemed as non-essential including adult dog, cat, rabbit or ferret vaccinations, desexing operations, or routine work such as healthy animal check ups or dental cleaning.
To keep you and our staff safe, we are not allowing clients into our building.
If you believe your pet needs to be seen by a vet, please follow the steps below:
- Call the practice to make an appointment
- When you arrive at the practice, call us on your mobile- tell us what parking bay number you are in and confirm your mobile number
- The vet will call you and discuss the reason for your appointment and the symptoms your pet is showing
- A member of staff will collect your animal from your car and take it into our building for examination
- After the examination the vet will call you and discuss the findings and recommend treatment. Payment will be done over the phone
- Your pet will be brought back out to you with the necessary mediation
We are still able to dispense your pet’s medication and food. Please call us to order, the receptionists will be able to estimate when the medication/ food will be ready for collection. Please call us when you arrive in the carpark and we will bring it out to you in your car.